First, get these files:
Preparing to update:
1) First verify what version of Bin has been last loaded on the receiver from the Menu.
2) Press the menu key
3) Go to the far right menu
4) Select the version menu option
5) Next, download the private server bin
Updating by USB:
1) Unzip, and copy the private server bin to a USB key.
2) Push the USB Key into the receiver
3) If you see a message that the USB was loaded, this is good.
4) Press the menu key, and go to the USB menu
5) Choose the file menu, and select the bin.
6) Press OK to load the update by USB
If none of this worked, you have to use the serial loader.
If it worked, skip the next section regarding the serial loader.
Updating by Serial:
1) Download, and read this document on how to use the serial loader
2) Use the Sonicview Serial Downloader
3) Select the private server bin
4) Begin the uploading process
Configuring your receiver for private server:
1) Next, do a Factory reset and then re-do the Antenna settings and scan for channels as mentioned above.
2) Now update the software on the receiver to the latest Version (at present Version 418) and let it update the iHub.
3) Wait till you see “Network Adaptor Connected”. Wait till it shows you the Channel that is selected.
4) If not, go to Menu > ipconfig and check that you have all the following information:
Domain Name————Host assigned to you
Server Port—————– Port assigned to you
User Name——————–Donation # issued
Password———————–Same as above
DES KEYS—————- 28 digit number given.
Exit and Save.
5) Tune the receiver to channel 101 to confirm sats are scanned & working
6) Tune the receiver to channel 200 and wait for the device to start. May take upto 30 minutes for first channel.
NOTE:If you reboot the receiver, and you dont see “Network Connected”, or are unable to goto the network configuration menu. Please follow the WizNet upgrade section.
You are Done. Enjoy.